Burkard â€˜vortisâ€™ Insect Suction Sampler
Model No : Burkard â€˜Vortisâ€™ insect suction sampler
Stock : Instocks
Burkard ‘Vortis’ insect suction sampler
A light-weight portable suction sampling system designed to extract insects from herbage or debris with many distinct advantages over previously accepted methods.
- The insects collected are immediately visible.
- No nets, bags or filters.
- Collecting vessel may be rapidly removed or replaced.
- A wide range of sizes and shapes of collecting vessels may be used.
- Insects collected are safely deposited and may be returned to their habitat if required.
- Light and fully portable system easily operated by one person.
- No losses from the catch when transferring collected material.
- Ease and speed of collecting previously impossible to achieve.
- Collected material does not impede air flow.
- Air flow and therefore uniformity of collecting action can be monitored at all times.
This NEW design makes a radical break with the past in that the insects are deposited directly into a detachable transparent collecting vessel. NO BAGS, NETS OR FILTERS ARE REQUIRED.
Air throughput : 10.5 m³/min. (370 cfm)
Weight including engine : 7.8 kg
Overall height : 930 mm
Collecting Area : 0.2 m²