Tdr Soil Moisture Meter
Model No : FOM2/mts
Stock : Instocks
FOM2/mts TDR Soil Moisture Meter as well as the related probes developed in the Institute of Agrophysics Polish Academy of Sciences, Lublin, Poland and manufactured in E-Test Ltd. -Poland.
The FOM2/mts and is a measurement device for Soil moisture (on the base of Time Domain Reflectometry technique), and electrical conductivity (salinity). FOM2/mts is a new TDR meter for field measurements of soil moisture, temperature and electrical conductivity. The new field instrument is smaller, lighter and has better battery. It is equipped with a Bluetooth Low Energy module and can be operated by a smartphone or a tablet using an Android app. Due to implemented modifications and manufacturing improvements, the new FOM2/mts is a more economical solution without losing measurement accuracy.
- Controlled remotely via Bluetooth Low Energy by an Android (v. 4.3 and higher) app available on web.
- Measurement capabilities and accuracy as: soil moisture (accuracy: ±2%), bulk electrical conductivity (accuracy: ±0.01 S/m) and temperature (accuracy: ±0.5°C).
- Operates with FP/mts and LP/ms TDR probes with cable lengths 1.5 m to 6 m.
- USB port enables full control by a PC application
FP/mts : Field TDR Probe
FP/mts is a Time-Domain Reflectometry probe for momentary or semipermanent installation for in situ simultaneous measurement of Moisture, Temperature and Salinity (bulk electrical conductivity) of the soil from the same sampling volume. Thin-wall PVC body of the probe provides ultimate low heat conductivity, thus allowing to avoid the parasite "thermal bridge" effects on distribution of soil moisture in the probe’s sensor vicinity.
- Measurement of soil moisture, bulk electrical conductivity and Temp.
- Operates with FP/mts field meter and TDR/MUX/mpts laboratory meter.
- Applicable for field use or monitoring purposes.
- Two 10 cm long sharpened acid-resistant steel rods (2 mm in diameter, separated by 14 mm).
- Sensor support made from a section of a PVC tube of 2 cm outer diameter and length from 15 to 150 cm (or longer on request), dependent on the intended depht of the sensor installation.
- Available straight or curved sensor support for easy installation.
- Available cable lengths from 5 m from the sensor to the terminating SMA connector.
- On special request, additional support shapes, rods of different lenghts and diameters are available.
Volumetric Soil Moisture Range : 0 to 100 % (VWC)
Accuracy : ±2 % (or less if the measured soil is individually calibrated)
Resolution : 0.1 %
Repeatability : ± 0.1% VWC
Temperature Range : -20 to +50 °C
Accuracy : ±0.5 °C or less if read from individually calibrated probe
Resolution : 0.1 °C
Electrical Conductivity Range : 0.000 ÷ 1 S/m
Accuracy : ±10 % for 0 ÷ 1 S/m or less if read from individually calibrated probe
Resolution : 0.001 S/m
TDR Meter : Hand Held TDR Meter & Display Unit
Display Unit : 5-inch capacitive touch screen display
Display Unit Software : user friendly software
Communication with PC : By USB cable
Data Storage : up to 1000000 data set
Time of test : less than 5 sec.
Working temperature : 0 to +50 °C
Storage Temperature : -10 to +50°C
Probe length : 15 cm to 150 cm (Probe length as per customer requirement)
Pulse : sin2 -like needle pulse having 200 ps rise-time
Calibration : User can calibrate FOM2/mts TDR meter using the supplied software
Probe Cable : 5 meter
Power : Li-Polymer, 2500 mAh, 3.7VDC (Rechargeable)
Battery Life : 3000 measurements or 182 days of stand-by
Charging : >0.5A/5V micro USB plug charger or power bank
Meter Dimensions: 180 x 85 x 58 mm
Weight : 200.5 g